A ‘topping off’ ceremony marks a milestone in the construction of 731 St. Charles Ave. in this Biz New Orleans Daily Biz Minute.
Developer Montagnet Properties is building 67 new condominiums in a new, five-story building at 731 St. Charles Avenue. The project will feature one, two and two-bedroom plus study residences ranging from 765 square feet to 1,746 square feet. Amenities include a rooftop amenity deck, secure parking, 24-7 concierge, pool and sun deck, and state of the art fitness room.
New Orleans is known for its historic housing stock, with its century-old shotguns, wrought iron railings and inviting porches. The latest wave of new housing, however, is sleek and modern, attracting buyers to the city’s downtown with a skyline view, rooftop pools and dog runs, and shiny new storefronts.
The building was known as the “Carnival Palace” from 1878-1906 for Rex and his royal consort. Rex officials donated memorabilia, including a 2015 Rex invitation depicting the Washington Artillery and 2018 beads and doubloons, to recognize the organization’s historical presence at the site.
Construction of a 67-unit mixed-use condominium development with residential and commercial space. The site originally was the location of the Washington Artillery and Hall, which was known for hosting Carnival balls, including Rex’s first Reception Ball in 1873.
731 St. Charles Avenue celebrates building progress with a pile capping ceremony recognizing the Rex Organization in this Biz New Orleans Daily Biz Minute.
Construction has started on a 67-unit upscale condo building on St. Charles Avenue, blocks from Lafayette Square in downtown New Orleans. Work is expected to finish in early 2019.
Work continues on a $40 million mixed-use development at the site where some of New Orleans’ first Mardi Gras balls were held.
The project at 731 St Charles Ave. held a pile capping ceremony Tuesday, with the Krewe of Rex contributing memorabilia to the development. The krewe held its first Reception Ball there in 1873. The building was known as the “Carnival Palace” from 1878-1906 for Rex and his royal consort.